- The Home Tissue Culture Group originated as “Kitchen Culture Education Technologies, Inc. (KCET) in Wisconsin in August 2007 by Carol M. Stiff, founder of Kitchen Culture Kits, Inc.
- KCET received 501(c)3 status in June 2008
- KCET moved to Washington in 2010
- KCET changed named to Home Tissue Culture Group in 2013
- HTCG choose to dissolve in 2015
- HTCG was reincorporated in Washington in 2020 and has applied for reinstatement of the 501(c)3 status.
- Our mission has not changed since our origin in 2007
Our mission is to teach and promote home/classroom
plant tissue culture for the
benefit of hobbyists, students, teachers, and all plant lovers, enabling them to have a lifelong knowledge and appreciation of plant culture
- To support the Home Tissue Culture Listserv which was created to share experiences with professionals, non-professionals and those with limited experience in plant tissue culture
- To help people share ideas, protocols, recipes and sources of information with each other via a website, virtual newsletters and other means as needed.
- To work closely with K-14 teachers and students to help them learn and understand the benefits of home/classroom plant tissue culture, and help them include it in their classrooms in an affordable way.
- To encourage national, regional, and/or community meetings of hobbyists, Master Gardeners, nurserymen, teachers, students and any plant lover interested in home plant tissue culture
- To pursue grant monies that aid in our overall goals